Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Picnic day

Saw The Heat last night with Aubrey.  Hilarious.  The plan for today was facials with Aubrey and a picnic with the girls.

Aubrey and I went to a local day spa, which was awesome.  Wish I had time for a massage, but I found out the awesome masseuse moved to San Francisco, anyway.  Sad.  Then I headed home to get ready for a picnic.

I grabbed the girls and we headed to the Dublin farmers' market, where they sampled everything (homemade chocolate granola, apple cider, summer honey, fall honey, gluten-free/dairy-free/peanut-free/vegan ice cream, cheese, homemade hot dogs, and jams).  We settled on some blueberries, peaches, and a mini raspberry pie.  They also insisted that we buy some honey for Grampy.  I think farmers' markets may be the best thing about summer.  I can't wait to get to the one in Brookline.  (Mmmm, heirloom tomatoes.....)

Then we headed to a local park to eat our fruit and pie (plus some mac & cheese).  Had a good time running around, finding bugs, and playing on the playground.

After the picnic, I met up with Muriel, and we went to the Powell Village Winery and finished off the evening with some ice cream from Jeni's (pistachio and banana honey).  Caught most of Red, White, and BOOM! on TV.  Live fireworks here in Dublin tomorrow, if the weather holds out.



No comments:

Post a Comment